Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Studio Art Classes.

So my studio art classes are 8 week courses. I am taking a total of 4 this semester which are FYE (first year experience) courses that all art students at my school have to take.

The ones that I am taking right now are called Experience and Space.
Experience is sort of a new media class. We have three projects in the eight weeks- a piece of video art, a performance piece and a piece of sound art. I have never have done anything like this before and it is definitely exciting. I not sure I will get the same grades I did in my other FYE classes but I have definitely learned a lot. We actually had to make a blog for this class (cool right?!) and it can be found here. (warning: I'm not the best at video art haha).

Space is a sculpture class. We have 2 projects in the 8 weeks- the first (which is due Thursday) is a subtractive sculpture done by gluing Dow Blue foam together and carving your heart out. I was EXTREMELY messy and the little pieces of Styrofoam foam are all staticy and are impossible to clean up.  Here are some photographs of my tools and foam. (after photos coming this week :])





the next project is additive sculpture using MDF (medium density fiberboard) which I am super nervous about (I had woodshop training last week!) as far as I'm concerned if I have all my fingers on the day of the critique than I rocked that project.

well that is all for now! I will for sure post the my projects later!
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment